Ricardo Pereira is one of the most prolific Portuguese actors, having started his career at the turn of the century and worked in numerous projects, from theatre, to cinema to television.
He rose to stardom in Portugal in 2002, with his role in Saber Amar and, in 2004, became the first non-Brazilian protagonist in a Globo soap-opera, having moved to Rio de Janeiro with his family, and now spends his time between Lisbon and Rio.
He was kind enough to answer a few question on our beloved city, below:
- Secret location?
Jardim do Torel.
- Best view?
Castelo de São Jorge.
- A guilty pleasure?
- What’s the weirdest thing you’ve experienced in Lisbon?
That amphibious bus that goes around Lisbon both in land and in the river.
- Where can we find you on a Saturday afternoon?
At La Puttana pizzeria at Rua Nova do Carvalho.
- A trend for Lisbon’s future?
- Favourite drink in the city?
Expresso Martini at Duplex Restaurante and Bar, Cais do Sodré.
- What can you do here & nowhere else?
To live in continuous tranquility.
- Your biggest inspiration?
- If you could choose anyone to co-star with you in a movie, who would it be?
Sean Penn and Jack Nicholson.
- Craziest/weirdest method actor you've worked with?
- Most beautiful set?
- Lisbon or Rio? Or Lisbon & Rio? Do you see any similarities?
Both. Yes, I can see some similarities. The light, the sea and the river have a very important role in both cities. I also believe that the lifestyle of their inhabitants is also very appealing for tourists.
- When you miss Rio, where do you go for a Caipirinha fix? Or Samba fix?
At my place. I can make some souriously delicious caipirinhas.
- Where do you like to unwind?
- Something you cannot resist?
A softshell crab sandwich at Marisqueira Azul, Mercado da Ribeira.
- Someone to take out for dinner?
- Someone NOT to be stuck in an elevator with?