Paula Mateus is the director of Condé Nast International's Vogue Portugal, which was launched under licence by Cofina Media in October 2002 and is the fastest growing magazine in the market. The official website, Vogue.pt, launched in May 2011 and has already been nominated for an award by Fashion TV. Vogue magazine is published monthly.
She answered a few questions for us:
- Best view?
In Lisbon: Miradouro São Pedro de Alcântara
From the other side of the river to Lisbon: the Cristo-Rei.
- A guilty pleasure?
Three scoops of Santini ice-cream or a bar of Claudio Corallo chocolate.
- Where can we find you on a Saturday afternoon?
Relaxing at the Ritz Spa.
- Where do you go "for inspiration"?
For a walk by the Tagus river.
- Which magazine issue has given you the most pleasure to produce?
The 10th anniversary of Vogue Portugal, November 2012.
- Who would you most like to interview alive or dead?
- Where do you most like to shop?
Avenida da Liberdade.
- What do you have too much of in your closet?
Scarves and shoes.
- A trend for Lisbon's future?
More luxury Fashion stores and more Portuguese chefs' restaurants to attract more high-end tourism to Lisbon.
- Favorite drink in the city?
- What can you do here in Lisbon & nowhere else?
I can land at the airport and be at the center of Lisbon in 20 minutes.
- Favorite exhibition?
Museu Berardo, Museu dos Coches and MUDE (Museu do Design e da Moda).
- Something you cannot resist?
A combination of Portuguese wine and cheese.
- Someone NOT to be stuck on an elevator with?
It wouldn't happen as I would wait for the next one!