For this installment of Meet the Locals, we are interviewing the creator behind one of the most, if not the most, successful Portuguese swimwear brands. Erica Bettencourt draws inspiration for her designs from all around the Portuguese coast, and is a regular presence in all of Lisbon's "it" spots. So, of course, we'd like to know where she hangs out. Find out, below:
- Secret location?
Praia Grande, Sintra. Love this beach with an amazing mix of mountain and beach view.
- Best view?
Miradouro de S. Pedro de Alcântara, Lisbon
- A guilty pleasure?
- What’s the weirdest thing you’ve experienced in Lisbon?
Open day in Lx Factory - almost 10 000 people in a music, art and sports event. Every year in May and October.
- Where can we find you on a typical Sunday?
Surfing in my favorite beach, followed by some seafood at Mar do Inferno in Cascais. Perfect Sunday!
- A trend for Lisbon’s future?
Bohemian style ;)
- Favourite drink in the city? Coolest place to have a drink?
- Where do you like to unwind?
- Something you cannot resist?
- What can you do here & nowhere else?
Eat fresh fish in Arrifana Beach... the best view in Alentejo.
- What inspires your collections?
The portuguese beaches all along the coast, especially in the "Vincentina" Coast.
- Who would you like to see wearing your swimsuits?
Erin Wasson and Alexa Chung the perfect Bohemian Act.
- You've invited Vanessa Martins and Jessica Athayde to design capsule collections. What's next?
Continue doing these different capsule collections with amazing IT girls in Portugal and internationalize the brand!
- What's your tip for a beach-ready body?
Eat well, organic bio food, Surf, Padel and outside sports. After, go to the Ritz Spa to treat your body to a modeling massage!
- What's your favourite beach?
ULUATU Beach, Bali.
- Who wears your collection of swimsuits & bikinis?
Sophisticated women with a taste for trends and fashion.
- Someone NOT to be stuck in an elevator with?
With Animal of Muppets ;)